Get your Portable ID!

Friday, October 24, 2008

Things Learned From Having No Internet Connection for Over a Week

  • I read really goddamned fast, going through 6 books in that 2 week period.
  • This is annoying when you're too sick to go out and find books you haven't already read and only have 4 books you haven't read sitting around.
  • Being sick and having no internet connection is like being stupid and having no Jerry Springer.
  • I cannot read anything written by Terry Brooks without skimming completely past the content of 2 out of 3 paragraphs.
  • I really like trashy D&D novels for some reason.
  • The Man Who Mistook His Wife For A Hat: And Other Clinical Tales is fucking fascinating.
  • I own far too many games that I have not played through, and yet inexplicably, when deciding to engage myself with video games when ill, I tend to choose to play shit I've already finished mostly.
  • Mercenaries 2 is the new Jesus.
  • Dan's copy of Soul Calibur IV brings me joy
  • World of Goo is fucking brilliant but painfully difficult at times.
  • Mega Man 9 is ten kinds of awesome in concept, but I can't even beat a single stage. I may be too old to play NES games?
  • Oblivion still gives me happy pants. No idea why I enjoy it so much. Looking forward to Fallout 3 with an increasing enthusiasm the closer the release date approaches because of this infatuation.
  • I don't remember Far Cry being as hard as it really is. Maybe I beat it on Easy before? Although I seem to remember having to cheat to finish the game, which I'm not doing this time so far and I'm playing it on Normal difficulty.
  • I can get through the entirety of Portal in about 1 hour now, stopping to deface cameras.
  • I realize all of the above makes me a huge nerd.

No comments:

Post a Comment