Get your Portable ID!

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Being an account of a lengthy quest to discover what to refer to elements of decor in wallpaper and illuminations as.

So I got a hair up my ass about what you call all those little traditional leafy and curvaceous patterns in illustrative work. I then set out to figure out what to call them. I encountered motifs, both vegetal and tessellated, insular illumination, drolleries, inhabited initials and various other curiosities.

In the end, I was no more illuminated than I was initially.

But I'll get over it.


No comments:

Post a Comment